What are dental implants?
Typically made from medical grade titanium, dental implants work as an artificial “root” for a replacement tooth to be placed upon. They’re strong, safe, and they naturally integrate with your jaw bone. There are three steps to placing a dental implant. We’ll firstly insert the implant before allowing your jawbone to heal and for that area in your mouth to adjust. Once it’s healed, we’ll reattach your restored tooth or a replacement tooth.
What benefits do dental implants offer you?
Dental implants will help you regain the capabilities of your natural teeth. This new ability will help you enjoy simple things like eating and smiling more, resulting in improved self esteem and confidence.
Dental Implant Benefits:
- Better tooth structure
- Lasts longer
- The closest possible replacement to natural teeth
- Makes replacement teeth stable for eating and smiling with confidence
- Eliminates the pain of ill-fitting partial or full dentures
- Works to maintain the shape of your face
- Removes the need to grind down healthy teeth for a bridge
- Helps preserve the bone in the jaw
- Improved appearance
- Improved comfort
- Improved speech
- Easier to chew and eat
- More convenient
- Protects your remaining natural teeth
How much do dental implants cost?
Similar to most dental services, there may be variations in the cost, depending on the complexity. For a single tooth to be replaced with a dental implant, the cost will be approximately $4,500 for the finished implant.
How long will dental implants last?
Dental implants are very similar to natural teeth and are expected to function in the same way. If maintained well, dental implants may last a lifetime.